quarta-feira, 12 de outubro de 2011

Poetry - The Influence of the Moon


One could harness its uncanny influence,
To conquer the deepest of the ancient depths.
But doubtfully one could endure its power,
Giving its light which installs imprudence.


I've learned successfully how to control it,
And I've seen what I thought to be impossible.
One could not distinguish one shadow from another,
Inside the hazy gateways of the moon's abysses.


But I've learned successfully how to do it,
Yet one could not endure the damage it causes,
Giving the old light which is of unknown forces,
That comes out from that ghastly natural satellite.


One more time I say that one could harness it,
To travel beyond the oldest of the cosmic depths.
But doubtfully you'll endure its unspeakable power,
Giving its light which installs its conscience.


I've learned successfully how to deal with it,
And I've seen what I thought to be improbable,
One could not distinguish sound from image,
Inside the hazy gateways of the abysses' landscapes.


But I've learned successfully how to control myself,
Despite its uncanny influence and invisible power.
One could not endure its unforgettable harnessing,
Giving the fact that one can not leave the moon's abysses.


Erich William von Tellerstein.

Nenhum comentário: